Not so much looking down as across..

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Cead Mile Failte, you're very welcome!

An Open Door

The Quaker Community in Monkstown – www.monkstownquakers.blogspot.com – is extending an invitation to us all to attend an Open Day on Saturday week next, 9th of October in the simple, classically designed meeting house in Monkstown Village.

People are invited to drop in for a few minutes for a chat and a cup of tea between 10.00 am and 5.00 pm. While the day is typically flexible there will be four small presentations, each different, at 10.00 am 12.30 pm 2.30pm and 4.30 pm. The informal talks/conversations will deal with Quaker issues, their history in Ireland, why one might become a Quaker (I am not a Quaker, yet, anyway) and so on.

I am thrilled to have been asked to share a few thoughts at the 2.30 pm slot on what I have gained from the Sunday morning meetings. I am stealing my own thunder by placing the notes of my presentation on my website under a separate post – A Quaker’s Dozen.

Everyone is more than welcome to come without commitment.

I can vouch for the tea and the biscuits!

Have a good week!

Padraic

No comments:

Post a Comment